8/22/08

Matthew Williamson: Catwalk F/W 2008

The fact is, Matthem Williamson is making F/W 2008 more than 'just about trends...' and you can see for yourself in his darling collection. I am all for 'edge' in style translations and Matthew Williamson's interpretation is just that. I find it very difficult to focus on anything other than his modern take on streetwear... In fact, I am already lining up my personal fall collection, as a result. From vintage inspiration to contemporary mainstream, Matthew Williamson is one of my favorites! His 'layering' innovation is dazzling and this collection has just about the most-wanted lace-up platforms I've yet to see on the runways...

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I am all for 'style' that commands attention, and the textures in Matthew Williamson's line... divine move! As for the 'fur' displays... (I don't care what anyone has to say about fur... I love the contrast for his collection. I am huge on 're-creation and feeling' so in my eyes, rocking a piece of vintage fur is not harming anything, it is simply borrowing the collective energy of the past, for modern creativity... which is something I do often.) I am truly inspired by the evolution of Matthew Williamson's collection from front to end.

♥ x styliiista

No comments: