10/29/12

Homage To Vintage Versace-

Lately, I've been wanting to play around with more color. Fusing styling techniques that pay homage to some of the most influential fashion labels in hip hop and R&B music dating back to the early to mid 1980s. 


In this inspiration, I've been looking to find a way to give the glory to some of my favorite 1980's labels, yet re-create some of the style inspirations from my favorite vintage prints such as Versace -and redefine the look in a way that makes it my own.  As a fashion stylist, I am responsible for taking a trend and twisting it in a way that makes sense, and encourages increase in market growth and brand accessibility. 


As a trendsetter, I am held accountable for taking specific brands and highlighting them in such fashion that helps generate greater exposure and public awareness of their label. I love my job! There is nothing more fulfilling that spending endless hours in research, and finding fashion and styling concepts that paint a picture of a vision, which translates into an actual storyline. When the book has the right packaging, the future is bright and anything is possible. 


The styling inspiration above is designed for a new client - and for their look number one of four for their first music video - as I've been brought onto the team as artist re-branding to help market their image as a new female rap group. The focus here, is to give them a style that sets them apart from their peers. The song is called, "Booty Pop" which we're filming day two of today. I'll have some screen caps of the physical looks inspired by the moodboard to share very soon. XOXO, Ja'Niya 








No comments: